Monday, April 13, 2015

Author Manuscripts - clarification of PLoS Comp Biol's policy

Just a quick post. I and some colleagues recently submitted one of our papers "Steering Evolution with Combination Therapy to Prevent the Emergence of Bacterial Antibiotic Resistance" (which you can read a nice post on +Artem Kaznatcheev's blog here) to PLoS Computational Biology, and I was surprised that an option to submit a full 'author manuscript' wasn't present, but instead that we had to upload images separately, reformat and the like.  This surprised me, because the first time I submitted there, in a paper I wrote with +David Basanta and +Alexander Anderson I didn't remember having to do this. It might be that I just misread, but at the time I was confused.

So, I tweeted to them a quick question and it turns out they DO accept author manuscripts, but that their instructions are on the fritz right now!  

Anyways, they replied quickly with an email as well stating:

We allow a single PDF to be submitted at initial submission, although as the paper is subsequently revised, we require the manuscript to be submitted in separate parts to begin to prepare the manuscript for production. This is to avoid asking authors to do everything at once at acceptance, a process that can, in some instances, be a substantial task.
I understand that this is not clear on the author instructions and we are looking at ways of improving our instructions.

So - submit away. And, thank for the quick reply to PLoS CB... now it's just fingers crossed for our submission.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MASSIVE THANKS TO HERBAL DOCTOR RAZOR WHO CURED ME FROM HERPES VIRUS I am so happy to be cured recently of herpes virus by herbal doctor razor, i have been suffering from this herpes virus for over 5 years and i have been going to different hospitals just to get medical pills and therapies in suppressing the spread of the virus, with the virus still inside me i know i will never be fine.  so i have to act quick i went online and made some research on the internet on herbs when i got to know about herbal doctor razor who has been curing people of herpes, hiv/.aids, cancer,corona virus etc,i am so glad that after i got to contact this great doctor on his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , he guided me and i received his herbal medication 3 days on and i applied the medication just the way the herbalist instructed and i am so happy that when i went for multiple check ups,i was found negative up till this moment there is no trace of the virus. Thank you so much doctor. You can reach him also on whatsapp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  3. MASSIVE THANKS TO HERBAL DOCTOR RAZOR WHO CURED ME FROM HERPES VIRUS I am so happy to be cured recently of herpes virus by herbal doctor razor, i have been suffering from this herpes virus for over 5 years and i have been going to different hospitals just to get medical pills and therapies in suppressing the spread of the virus, with the virus still inside me i know i will never be fine.  so i have to act quick i went online and made some research on the internet on herbs when i got to know about herbal doctor razor who has been curing people of herpes, hiv/.aids, cancer,corona virus etc,i am so glad that after i got to contact this great doctor on his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , he guided me and i received his herbal medication 3 days on and i applied the medication just the way the herbalist instructed and i am so happy that when i went for multiple check ups,i was found negative up till this moment there is no trace of the virus. Thank you so much doctor. You can reach him also on whatsapp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I WAS ABLE TO FLUSH OUT THE HERPES VIRUS WITH THE HELP OF DR. KHAM NATURAL PRODUCT, HIS EMAIL dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com. I was diagnosed with Herpes a year ago. It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me and  I feel like my life is over. Living with constant pain is something no one should have to go through, Herpes has also had a huge impact on my sleep . Since being diagnosed I’ve fallen so far into depression I see no way out because i have been to different hospital. I’m taking a high dose of antidepressants, as well as sedatives and sleeping-pills. I don’t know how I’ll ever accept that this is my life now…I keep asking why me because know changes? But I guess reading your testimony really made me feel happy because i believe what i had from people out there who you also help to cure the herpes virus, and i believe so much with your herbal medicine i am going to be out of this bad situation like others you also help before, what we i have done if not for the herbal medicine that i requested for that was able to flush out the bad virus that was making me go crazy. people out there how will i thank this man called DR. KHAM, i will advice you to email him direct if you have disease like herpes etc. dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348159922297

    ReplyDelete